Now that we’ve covered what WordPress is and some of the components of this powerful website building platform, it’s time to roll our sleeves up and get hands-on.
During this Meetup you’ll be guided step-by-step through the process of setting up your own WordPress website.
We will all be using “Local by FlyWheel” – a free software program that allows you to build a WordPress website right on your own computer, without the need for a web hosting account. (Don’t worry, when you’re ready to launch your website, it’s as easy as clicking a button to sign up for an affordable FlyWheel hosting plan.)
We will walk you through:
* Downloading the “Local by FlyWheel” free software program
* Choosing a free WordPress theme
* Building your first few pages
* Setting up your navigation menu
* Starting your first blog post
* Adding some images to pages and posts
Please note: If you couldn’t make it to the first WordPress 101 class, don’t worry – we’ll get you up to speed in no time!
WHAT TO BRING:
Laptops are encouraged since you’ll be working on your own website. If you don’t have a laptop, you can team up with someone in the class or follow along with the demonstration. You’ll probably want to take notes, so bring a notebook and pen/pencil.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO BEFORE CLASS:
* Choose a name for your new website.
* Think about – and write down – what you will be using your website for and what you want to accomplish with it.
PLEASE RSVP so we know how many refreshments to provide.
Many thanks to First State Bank & Trust for sponsoring WP Fremont!